‘Cycles Terrot Dijon Automobiles’
Lithographic poster printed by: P. Vercasson & Cie., 43, Rue de Lancry, Paris
Size: 158.5 x 117.5 cm.
Materials/Media: Original lithographic poster, linen backed
Provenance: The Boskovštejn Bike Museum, Czech Republic.
Note 1: Terrot was started as a machinery factory by Charles Terrot and Wilhelm Stucklen in Germany, 1862. In 1887, they opened their second location in Dijon, France. In 1890, the factory started to produce bicycles in Cannstadt. Furthermore, the factory began manufacturing motorcycles as well. For this particular poster, Tamagno was responsible with designing the art, while Gallice was the ‘chromist’, which is the person who actually draws the chromolithographic image on the stone.
For more information
Contact us at email@example.com or call +31 (0) 6 53 32 86 80 .